Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring

  I saw a film named 'Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring'. It is divided into 5 parts: Spring, summer, autumn, winter, and spring. I only saw the first 'spring' part.
썸네일
  An apprentice and an old monk lived in a temple which was on an island. The island was surrounded by water, and they had a boat to go to land. One day, the apprentice went to land himself and tied a rock to a fish, a frog, and a snake. The monk watched it all and when the apprentice was sleeping, he tied a big rock to the apprentice's back. To get it off, the apprentice freed the animals because the monk ordered him, but the animals were almost all dead.
썸네일  Surely, I did not kill any fish, frog, or snake in my whole life. I can't even touch them because I'm scared of them. Well, I had killed few ants. They are very small and I can easily kill them by stepping on them. Still, I'm scared of them. In Philippine, my two big toes were both bitten by red ants, and it hurt a little bit. And I was young at that time, so I cried a bit.So, if you pick up an ant and scare me, I'll scream, run away, trip, and probably break my ankle. However, if they're on the ground, that's a whole different situation. I believe I  had killed 20 ants in my whole life. I killed 5 ants when I was young. I was crazy at that time, looking at the ants avoid me as much as possible. 10 ants were sacrificed to release my stress. That was when I first started to go to English and Math academy. The 5 left ants were just killed for... fun.
  Now, I don't kill any ants. Don't consider me as a violent child. Also, after watching this film, my thought and belief about life's important increased. An old Korean saying comes to my mind:
  'An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'.
  I believe this film's 'spring' part's theme is 'let's save life'. From now on, I'll never kill any animals or bugs. Well, except those disgusting small bugs that crawl into my house. But that's not the point. Life is so important. I don't understand why I killed ants before. In ant's perspectives, I would not like to be stepped on. Let's always remind ourselves that life is really important!

  Let me show you the film. The film is made by the Korean director, Kim Ki Duck.

1 comment:

  1. I like your post. Cute, funny, honest, and well structured. I think you've probably killed many more ants without knowing it. It's hard to walk anywhere during the summer without stepping on some sort of bug, and every time I drive my car at night hundreds of bugs hit my car and... SMOOOOOSH. Unfortunately, it is hard to be pure all the time. However, we shouldn't consciously hurt other living creatures just for fun. Nice essay.:)

    ReplyDelete