Tuesday, January 17, 2012

To American kids

  I watched a short video. It is about American kids' opinions about K-pop. I'll show you the video.



 
  I'll write a letter to the American kids.

  Dear American Kids who don't understand K-pop,
 
  Greetings, dear American Kids who don't understand K-pop.  The weather is so cold here, in Korea. How's your country, U.S.A, like? I hope you are very healthy without cold.
  Let me introduce myself. I am a Korean kid named Ye-in, Jung. I saw the video, about your opinions about K-pop. I am trying to understand K-pop.
썸네일  K-pop, is a Korean pop song. I know you already know this. But, this is just a restatement to remind you. Lots of countries think K-pop is really good. So, I was very outraged when you guys said "This song is so horrible!" But, of course, I may understand you. You are very embedded in your fantastic peaceful world, U.S.A. You only knows your country's pop songs. your country's pop singers, everything about YOUR country.
  However, this is the first time you listen to K-pop, and you might be frightened or freaked out. However, think about Korea people who listened to you. They might think you're a bit rude, don't you think? I mean, Korean people love K-pop. Think in our perspectives. If I and my other Korean friends ignore your pop songs, you would be outraged, right? Think about our mind, too!
썸네일  Sorry, I was a bit rude. I was simply, angry at your rigid opinions about K-pop. However, now, after you read my letter, I hope you understand K-pop more. Please think about Koreans who love K-pop. They will be purely outraged, torn, and hurt by you.
  I hope I see you again soon. I hope you understand K-pop more after you read my letter. Please try to understand our culture and K-pop, okay? This is my request for you. See you later. Have a nice day.
                                                                                                                     Sincerely,        
                                                                                                                 Ye-in, Jung        

   P.S. I love American pop songs. Especially Taylor Swift's. Please know that I do not oppose to American pop songs. See you!

  I hope American kids really understand K-pop. I was a bit angry at that time. I hope they read this letter and changer their opinions. If they do change their opinion, I would really thank them.

1 comment:

  1. Good! You are angry, but you don't let that anger make you act like some of those kids. I think most of them actually learned to like K-Pop. Just a few of them were really annoying and narrow minded.

    Nice letter!

    ReplyDelete